5/27/10

Raw Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes

Today I made little cupcakes...luscious lemony goodness:)



I almost forgot how delicious, quick, and easy this recipe is!

Just thought you might want to know...haha!

ETA!!! Links to the original recipe are no longer working. Due to so many requests for this lovely cake recipe, I am posting the recipe exactly as it appeared on Raw Freedom Community.
Cake
1 1/2 c grated Jicama *** if it's too 'juicy' squeeze the liquid out by hands*
1 Granny Smith Apple pealed & ground
2 c. Almonds soaked/dehydrated ground fine
4 T golden flax ground fine
1/4 c agave
1 tsp vanilla
lemon juice and zest of 1 lemon
1/2 c poppy seeds.

Mix all Ingredients and form in any shape you want; I made a 5 1/2 inch round dish lined with saran wrap.

Then top the first layer with Frosting

Then top the 2nd layer/round. Flip out and place on a plate and frost the whole cake (top & sides)


Frosting: ****THIS IS SO LIKE 'Costco' white frosting!

1 c OMEGA NUTRITION coconut oil (it does not smell/taste coconuty) The one I used is just like Crisco !

Beat/Whip this with beaters! from my SAD baking days!

Add 1/4 c agave

Juice of 1/2 lemon IF YOU LIKE MORE LEMON DO juice of 1 and or zest. whip again.

Spread quickly as it starts to melt a little.

Sprinkle Poppy Seeds on sides or designs if you make a different shape.

Top with Lemon zest curls or slices.

Place in Ref for an hour or so. Serve at room temperature!

19 comments:

Julie Lynn said...

Looks SO yummy! And, lemon would be refreshing on hot summer days. =)

Anonymous said...

Wow....how beautiful...it looks like a wedding cake...mmm!

xoxo

bitt said...

so cute!

Sarah said...

adorable! that recipe makes me sad b/c i can't find a decent jicama to save my life, and i really want to try it!

Heather Pace said...

Those are so cute!!!!

shannonmarie said...

So totally cute. Can I highlight the cupcake on my site?

barefoot_and_frolicking said...

gorgeous! looks so yummy :)

Mindy said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! is right. I can just imagine the uproar if you posted those photos with not hint of a recipe :).

VeganLisa said...

Wow, I just love how beautiful the little bundt cake looks with the lemon peel garnish. Fabulous!

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) said...

I've seen that recipe so many time, I really need to make it! Yours look so perfect!

sui said...

this looks delicious, and beautiful to boot!

Joz said...

I'm so pleased with your creation of a ''cuttie'' cupcake from ''my'' creation! yea! ThanKiss! Joz

Pure2Raw twins said...

Lemon poppyseed = heaven. Those cupcakes look delicious!!

kelli said...

wow, so beautiful! i love how you did the icing, and the roses are adorable!

La Mama Naturale' said...

I want to lick the frosting off the screen... one of my fav's lemon poppyseed :) Looks incredible, as always. Lucky you!!!

Girl on Raw said...

Oh wow there is jicama in there? I think I have to try this pronto and I'll link back to you!

evergreen said...

Thanks so much for all your awesome comments everyone!

And of course a very special HUGE thank you to Joz! I love this recipe so much, it is one of my all time favorites!

Iemke said...

Hi I can't find Jicame in NZ what could I replace it with? It looks soo delicious and would like to give it a try! Thanks
Iemke

evergreen said...

Hi lemke! I have only tried the recipe using jicama, but the recipe creator, Joz, said it may be possible to use a firm Asian pear instead. HTH:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails