9/24/09

Hemp Power Ball Truffles

Here is a quick and easy recipe for a yummy, healthy treat. It is a great way to use hemp seed butter. It is adapted from a recipe I found online.

Hemp Power Ball Truffles

For truffles:
¼ cup tahini
¼ cup hemp seed butter
2 tablespoons carob powder
2 tablespoons agave
2 tablespoons cacao nibs, ground fine
2 tablespoons goji berries, ground fine
1 teaspoon maca powder
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon cinnamon

For decoration:
About ¼ cup hemp seeds, to roll truffles in
Whole goji berries, for decoration if desired

Makes 16 one inch truffles

1. Combine all ingredients , except hemp seeds and whole goji berries, in a small bowl. Mixture should be shiny and smooth, pulling away from the sides of the bowl. You can add a little more carob if it seems sticky. You may chill the mixture to firm it up a little before shaping.

2. Roll into 16 one inch balls.

3. Roll each ball into shelled hemp seeds.

4. Press one goji berry into truffle, if desired.

5. May be stored covered in fridge for about 1 week or so, if you hide them!

Click here for more hemp recipes, many are raw:)

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Cute recipe! Love raw hemp products. So good and healthy! (I can eat hemp seeds by the spoonful..yum)

That Veggie Expo looks like it was such a nice time. Thanks so much for sharing! Wish Saratoga was closer for us. Also a thank-you for posting the animal sanctuary photos! I'm always so humbled by those people who dedicate their lives to helping animals.

I heard that the Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary has a big vegan dinner sometime in October.

Anyhoo, it's always fun stopping by your blog!

Joyce :-)

Unknown said...

Yum, these remind me of the UliMana raw hemp truffles that I spent $12 on and absolutely love (but would be getting a divorce if my hubby found out!haha) I really love the raw hemp seeds and need to get some so I can make these little beauties. Just found your blog and LOVE it. Have a great weekend!
Mandy
(I'm on RFC too aka Hippimom :)

evergreen said...

Hi ladies!
Joyce...I know the sanctuaries are near and dear to your heart , too:) I wish I could have spent more time at the expo...there was so much to hear and see, and taste!

Hi Mandy...Welcome:)
Those Ulimana truffles look amazing...I may borrow some flavor ideas from them..hehe
Thank you for the kind words about my blog... love your name on RFC:)

Hope you all enjoy the weekend too!

Selena's Raw Kitchen of Love: "The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison." --Dr. Ann Wigmore, N.D said...

I'm always looking for new hemp recipes. Thanks!

Brightest Blessings~

evergreen said...

I love finding new hemp recipes
...enjoy!

Mizpah Matus said...

I love raw energy balls and this looks like a nice recipe, not too high in sugar.

Nice to see some other interesting hemp recipes on your blog too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails