6/25/09

Good Morning!














One of the benefits to eating primarily raw food is the extra energy you may experience. Most mornings, I wake up at least an hour before I need to, feeling good and ready to go! Lately I have been sneaking out quietly and going for an early morning walk. I love this special time of day...the air is so fresh. The trees are filled with singing birds. Just me and the little critters I hear scurrying in the woods as I walk by:) I live close to a pretty lake, and it looks so lovely with the early morning mist on it. I can slip back in the house before anyone knows I'm gone. It's a great way to start the day.

This morning, after making breakfast for my family and sending hubby off to work, I looked in the refrigerator to see what would make a good smoothie. There were quite a few types of berries, so here is what I made:

Blissful berry smoothie













1/2 pack acai
1/4 cup strawberries
1/4 cup blackberries
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup red raspberries
1/4 cup dried goji berries
2 medjool dates, pitted
1 cup of ice

just blend it all up and enjoy!
p.s.
I did not really measure out all the berries, 1/4 cup is approximately a small handful for me:)

There are so many benefits to eating berries.

You can see their antioxidant value here.

I have been enjoying acai for about 3-4 years now , but is there yet another "super" berry????
Oh nooooooooo!

This smoothie is a quick way to get in all the goodness of berries, but just eating them by the handful is my favorite!















These little guides pictured with the wildflowers I picked this morning have been a great help. The orange flowers are butterfly weeds, the white daisy is the oxeye variety, the lacy white one is queen anne's lace, the shiny yellow flower with 5 petals is a buttercup (not edible).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails