2/23/10

Cinnamon Roll Smoothie


This morning I made a wonderful recipe inspired by the lovely Joanna, of one of my favorite blogs Promoting the Raw Food Diet while De-bunking the Myths.

Click here for the Cinnamon Roll Smoothie recipe
another broken recipe link above...so sorry here is the recipe: Ingredients: - 2 cups Brazil nut milk (blend 2/3 c. Brazil nuts and a little vanilla bean with 2 cups water and 2 T agave nectar. Strain.) - 1 piece vanilla bean (about 1 inch) - 2 T agave nectar - 1 t cinnamon - 3 small frozen bananas - Dark syrup such as agave nectar or yacon syrup. Directions: - Blend all the ingredients together except for the dark syrup, which you will use to drizzle the inside of the smoothie glasses (optional but pretty!) - Pour the liquid into the decorated glasses, and sprinkle a little more cinnamon on top.
I took a little short-cut, and simply put the frozen bananas, a few Brazil nuts, cinnamon, vanilla bean, and a little water in the blender all at once:)

I drizzled some yacon syrup in the glass to decorate, as Joanna did. Next time, I want to try a swirl on the top:) I thought this looked so pretty when I first saw her post, I knew I would have to make it:)

Thank you so much, Joanna, for this wonderful recipe! It really does have all the yummy flavor of cinnamon rolls:)

You may want to check out this post at Joanna's blog for an awesome giveaway for Purely Delicious Magazine, a publication focusing on the raw food diet! How awesome is that?!!! This giveaway has ended~Congratulations to Tale of Two Vegans

ETA~Raw Juice Girl at Healing with (Raw) Juices is having a Glass Dharma giveaway!

Quickie post today...looks like I may have to shovel some snow:)

15 comments:

Joanna Steven said...

Awww you put a big smile on my face :) And your photo is SO beautiful! Do you mind if I use it instead of mine on Sirova, and I link back to you in exchange? Beautiful! And, I have the same straw :)

Melissa said...

That looks so yummy!! love the decoration with the yacon syrup.Beautiful!

evergreen said...

Hi Joanna! Of course you can use any photo you would like for Sirova, I will be honored:) Love this recipe!

~Melissa~Give it a try, it's so good:)

HiHoRosie said...

How fun! Super cute presentation! Glad you took pictures before drinking. :) Gotta make one of these. Yay!

Joanna Steven said...

Sweet, thanks!

kelli said...

wow, lovely photos and such a pretty syrup heart! makes me want to get in the kitchen and create something as beautiful and yummy! i think i will. =) thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful drink! and how you made the heart ☺ very Inspiring.

I love the pictures as well.

xOxO

Pam said...

So creative Sweetie....I love the photo shot and double the sweetness with the heart and Cinnamon Roll Smoothie.....wholly yum!!

xoxo

Julie Lynn said...

Beautiful!! Eating at your house is a feast for eyes as well as the palate! =)

Be careful shoveling that snow and make sure you bundle up. (That's my good mother advice for the day) ;-)

xoxo

Pure2raw twins said...

We love yacon syrup...we just drizzle it on top. But drizzling up the cup looks pretty!

Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl said...

Oh, wow. That is a gorgeous smoothie and it sounds SO good!!!

I'd have to find a replacement for agave, though. Hmm...

Thanks for linking to my contest! I didn't get a pingback, though. If you're entering, I need you to leave a comment on the contest post. Sorry for the hassle.

And if you aren't entering, gosh, thanks for the link love anyway!!

:-D
Michele

bitt said...

i just made a half version of this. it was sooo good! of course i took some shortcuts too, like ice instead of frozen nanners. raw food quick and easy!

i love when bloggers make each others recipes then blog about it. mmmm!

La Mama Naturale' said...

Mmm! That sounds really yummy! I've been wanting to try yacon...and this is great inspiration. It's on my list ;)

Michal said...

Yum yum in the tum tum! Your presentation is always so gorgeous, you must have such patience. :)

evergreen said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments, everyone:)

~HiHoRosie~The empty glass looked pretty, too! The syrup made squiggly lines all down the sides, and I almost took a pic!!!

Joanna, Thank YOU!!!

kelli, HippieMom, Pam, Pure2raw twins:), Leslie(LMN), Michal...You are all so sweet!


Julie, TY for the good mother advice...I did as you suggested:)

Michele|aka Raw Juice Girl...You could try some date syrup I think:)

I haven't been able to figure out that pingback thing on blogger yet, but I was just so happy using my straw for the first time and wanted everyone to have a chance to get some:)

bitt~I know I will be making this again since it was so quick and easy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails