2/8/10

Magic Chocolate:)



Happy Monday everyone!

I am back from my wonderful trip to Florida. We had a fantastic time visiting my family, and I am feeling so grateful right now. It had been about four years since I last saw my Mom, Dad, and brother. Thank you to everyone who wished us well during our road trip:)

As much as I love to travel, as Dorothy said, "There is no place like home". I was very anxious to see my pets and get back into my happy raw kitchen today!

I was delighted to make another yummy recipe from the amazing Kate Magic. After making Kate's incredible Marching Biscuits I was looking forward to trying this chocolate recipe also shared at the Raw Living site.

The recipe is I Can Go Go Go Too...

There are two delicious layers to this treat. Each layer is brilliant on its own, and combined makes a fabulous and healthy treat.

For half the recipe, I subbed the zest of one orange for the orange oil. I omitted the optional ingredients, and used agave for the sweetener in both layers.

The chocolate layer called for coconut butter (I used Artisana), but was a bit thick, so I added a heaping spoonful of coconut oil(I used Tropical Traditions) to the mixture to loosen it.

I molded them in a brownie bite pan, and topped the chocolate layer with a mix of chopped goji berries, cacao nibs and hemp seed. Half the recipe made 20 bite sized chocolates.

Since Valentine's Day is soon, I added a raw chocolate heart to the lighter layer of several choccies, which was actually the bottom:) These would make a lovely treat for your 'special someone':)

I absolutely love this recipe! I am always amazed that yummy raw treats can be so good for us too!

Huge thanks to the lovely Kate Magic for sharing this fantastic recipe with us! I look forward to trying more of your recipes soon:)

Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope to see you soon:)

14 comments:

bitt said...

4 years! Glad you reconnected.

So glad you are back! Missed you.

Pam said...

Hey glad you are back too...missed your smiling comments!

That candy looks heavenly! So cute!

xoxo!

P.S. so happy that you had a wonderful time!

Melissa said...

Glad you had a great time! 4 years is a really long time.

The desserts here look so awesome! I want to try making raw chocolate. I have been a little intimidated by the process but you make it look doable.

Glad you are back!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

You are back and you are back with a vengance ...

Those chocolates look DIVINE :-)

Julie Lynn said...

Welcome back! I missed you, but I am SO happy to hear that you got to spend time with your family after so long apart.

Your chocolates are beautiful. =)

kate magic said...

these R so beautiful i cld cry!

bliss U

xxx

evergreen said...

Awwww...I missed you all, too! I am looking forward to seeing what everyone has been up to since I have been gone:) It may take a while to catch up though, Google reader is in the triple digits!!!:)

I had so much fun making this recipe, it is so easy and delish!

~Kate~ You are so amazing! I am honored by your comment:) TY

Joanna Steven said...

4 years!! wow!! And isn't Kate Magic amazing? I love her! I should try some of her recipes soon :)

kelli said...

yay, so glad you're back, and so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with your family! (your blog family really missed you, though. =)

those chocolates look heavenly! i think i will make some pretty chocolates for my sweetie this v-day.

xoxo

Pure2Raw Twins said...

Glad you had a great trip. These chocolate delights looks amazing :) YUM

La Mama Naturale' said...

Sounds like you had a nice trip- yay! These look wonderful. Mmm!

Nikki said...

I'm glad you had a nice trip. Your chocolates look amazing. Perfect for Valentine's day! Happy to have you back :)

Michal said...

Im glad your back and that you enjoyed your trip :) Those look so mouthwatering too!

evergreen said...

Thanks for the sweet comments everyone! {{{HUGS}}}

Related Posts with Thumbnails