11/20/09

CranBanApple Parfait


~Please note: recipe links within this post are broken but the video of Mike making it is still up.
Sorry for any inconvenience, and please let me know of any other broken links and I will do my best to find the recipe for you.

ETA~ some people are having trouble with the video, so I am copying and pasting the recipe from Mike:
Ingredients
2-3 sweet apples (fuji or honey crisp)
1 1/2 cups of cranberries
1/2 cup of soaked raisins
Dash of cinnamon
2 really ripe bananas
1 pear
1 1/2 heaping teaspoons of lucuma powder
Teaspoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
4-6 soaked dates and soak water
Sprinkle of cacao nibs

Approximate serving size
2-3 servings

Machine use
Vita-Mix or Food Processor

Directions
If you make this advance, let each layer sit in their own bowls to settle for an hour or so. This will enhance the flavors and consistency of the dish. If you assemble right away, it will be a bit more runny.

Cut up apples and add to Vita-Mix or Food Processor with handful of raisins, 1 cup of cranberries and cinnamon.

Pulse down into a puree.

If it's too liquid, strain off some of the juice and enjoy it on the side.

Add this layer to your serving dish and press down to pack it in.

Rinse out Vita-Mix or Food Processor before moving onto the next step.

Put bananas, pears, vanilla and lucuma powder in Vita-Mix or Food Processor and blend down until smooth. Add warm water as needed.

Pour this layer on top and swirl dish to settle the banana mixture.

Rinse out Vita-Mix or Food Processor before moving onto the next step.

Add coconut oil, rest of cranberries, dates and 1/4 cup of the date soak water to the Vita-Mix or Food Processor. Blend down until smooth.

Place this layer on top and swirl the dish to settle the layer

Sprinkle cacao nibs on top.

Fall is the season for the healthy cranberry. I love cranberries in everything from juice to stuffing, and especially desserts:)

I am so happy that I found this wonderful recipe from Mike Lieberman, aka CanarsieBK of Simply Raw Recipes.

Earlier this month, Mike placed second with his recipe in VeggieConquest III: Battle Cranberry. VeggieConquest is an amateur vegan cooking competition that’s held in NYC. Click here to read more about it:)

I loved this recipe for many reasons, but mostly because it is delicious. It is so quick and easy. The components took me about 15 minutes to make. For those of you who like a lighter, nut-free treat, you will love this!

Please click here for the recipe for CranBanApple Parfait


The first layer is a combination of cranberries, apple(I used honeycrisp), raisins, and cinnamon.

The second, and my personal favorite, is a blend of pear(I had a very juicy Bartlett), banana, vanilla, and lucuma powder. I really loved this layer, and topped some leftover pudding with cacao nibs:) I think this will become a regular treat for me:)

The final layer is cranberries, coconut oil and dates. This layer appears a little lighter in color after it is chilled. Because of the coconut oil, it firms up a bit when cold.

It would be so nice to serve this in beautiful champagne flutes for an elegant dessert or first course for the upcoming holidays.

Click here for all my links posted for raw Thanksgiving recipes.


Thank you so much to Mike for this awesome recipe:) I really loved it!

ETA~As soon as I tasted it, I knew the banana layer would have to become banana soft serve:)

4 frozen bananas
1 Bartlett pear
1 heaping tablespoon lucuma powder
1 teaspoon vanilla

Process all ingredients in food processor fitted with the "S" blade until soft, light, and creamy. This may take a few minutes, and you might have to scrape the bowl once or twice. I really love my chocolate almond soft serve, but this is a close 2nd!

Fold in a scant 1/4 cup cacao nibs, if desired:)...I desired, lol!

I put the mixture in the freezer for a few hours, and it was still soft yet scoop-able.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Hi Angela, Happy Friday!

I just have to say, Oh My! That parfait is brilliant looking! Wow, what a great idea for the holidays! So festive. I'll have to try that one before the holidays are over

And I love the pilgrim hat brownies! How cute and creative!

Have a great weekend!

Joyce :-)

evergreen said...

Hi Joyce, Happy Friday to you, too!

I love this recipe, and I am going to freeze some cranberries so I can enjoy it after 'the season':)

Thanks for the kind words about my pilgrim hat brownies!

I hope you have a nice weekend at your early Thanksgiving celebration!

Hugs,
Angela

bitt said...

i love cranberries and apples together. what a beautiful and delicious looking treat.

Isle Dance said...

YOU share the BEST food EVER!

Unknown said...

The last photo had me swooning in my seat... Im eating a dragonfruit now as I read your blog.

Im going to try some of your ideas. Thanks a lot for sharing.

evergreen said...

Thanks for your sweet comments, everyone!

Related Posts with Thumbnails