11/25/09

Raw Caponata Turkey:)


If you have been following this blog, today's post probably isn't much of a surprise!

Of course I had to find a way to celebrate this Thanksgiving with my favorite recipe, raw eggplant caponata.

Here is the caponata recipe, and you can see how it is arranged on the large platter with assorted lettuce and cut mini sweet peppers. It took me a few days to eat the whole thing, but it would be a nice side dish to a raw Thanksgiving feast.

Raw Eggplant Caponata Recipe
makes about 6 cups

Ingredients:
1 medium eggplant,peeled, 1/4"dice approx 4 cups
1 cup tomato, 1/4" dice
1 sweet bell pepper, I used yellow today, 1/4" dice
1 celery stalk, 1/4" dice
¼ cup red onion,or more to taste, 1/4" dice
¼ cup olives of choice,I used a mix of green and black, 1/4" dice
2 tablespoon capers,optional, not raw
````````````````````````````````````````````
Dressing:
½ cup sundried tomato, soaked... or use 1/4 cup fresh tomato and 1/4 cup dried
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons agave, or 2 soaked medjool dates
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 clove garlic, or more to taste
all organic if possible

Preparation:
1. Prepare dressing ingredients in magic bullet or blender.

2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl and mix well with dressing.

I love to use my vidalia chop wizard for cutting all the veggies quickly and uniformly:)

If you would like to reduce the amount of oil, replace with equal amount of tomato soak liquid:) .

Good right away or can be marinated several days in fridge. This keeps very well and almost gets better as it sits. I love it served at room temperature or warmed in the dehydrator:)

The liquid that forms after marinating may be mixed back in, or carefully poured off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My family has a tradition on Thanksgiving day after we are all seated at the table. We take turns saying what we are thankful for. It is so nice to hear what everyone says, especially the little ones:)

This year, I have something very special to be thankful for...YOU!

Since I am alone in my raw journey, I am so thankful to have you to share my passion for raw food with. I am especially grateful to those of you who comment here, and all the people that have taken time to email me. Your encouraging words mean so much to me.

I am very happy to have gotten to 'know' some of you through your own blogs too:) You are all such an inspiration to me! Thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Love your blog! And I really want to thank you for your Halloween recipes! They were a big inspiration for my own Halloween Brunch ;)

xx

evergreen said...

Hi Tina!

Thank you so much for your sweet comment:)...love your blog too!!!
Your brunch was awesome, love the zombie fingers! :)

Julie Lynn said...

You are so creative. This is an adorable idea!

evergreen said...

Awww...thanks:) I do love to play with my food!

Related Posts with Thumbnails