Here is a very fast and easy dessert idea for your raw Thanksgiving feast.
Pilgrim Hat Brownies
Ingredients for brownie:
2 cups pitted dates
1 cup walnuts, or nut of choice
1/4 cup cocoa powder, or more to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract, or 1 inch scraped vanilla bean
pinch of salt
slice of dried mango or other fruit leather, cut into buckle as pictured.
1. In food processor fitted with "S" blade grind dates until a ball forms.
2. Add nuts, cocoa, vanilla, and salt, and process until mixture will hold together. This is an extremely fudgey brownie. Increase the amount of nuts to 2 cups for a firmer mixture.
3. Pack brownie mixture into 3 small (3 ounce size) plastic cups, leaving about 1/4 of an inch at the top. You can also just shape them by hand:)
4. Divide remaining mixture into 3 balls, and flatten into a disc shape. You can cut it with a round cutter, if desired
5. Sharply rap up-side down cup on counter to release brownie.
6. Place top of hat onto disc and add buckle:) You can also add a mango hatband if you have long enough strips.
I put them on cupcake papers and added a pick.
Use your favorite brownie mix for this idea. You can also make tiny ones using a shot glass size cup for a cute cupcake top:)
Thanks so much to Vegan Baking.Net for featuring this recipe in their raw Thanksgiving article!
Look at this funny picture from this morning:
My neighbors cat looked quite surprised by the turkeys!
The first turkey is a big tom, you can see his beard sticking out from his chest:)