11/18/09

Pilgrim Hat Brownies:)

Here is a very fast and easy dessert idea for your raw Thanksgiving feast.

Pilgrim Hat Brownies

Ingredients for brownie:
2 cups pitted dates
1 cup walnuts, or nut of choice
1/4 cup cocoa powder, or more to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract, or 1 inch scraped vanilla bean
pinch of salt

For buckle:
slice of dried mango or other fruit leather, cut into buckle as pictured.

1. In food processor fitted with "S" blade grind dates until a ball forms.

2. Add nuts, cocoa, vanilla, and salt, and process until mixture will hold together. This is an extremely fudgey brownie. Increase the amount of nuts to 2 cups for a firmer mixture.

3. Pack brownie mixture into 3 small (3 ounce size) plastic cups, leaving about 1/4 of an inch at the top. You can also just shape them by hand:)

4. Divide remaining mixture into 3 balls, and flatten into a disc shape. You can cut it with a round cutter, if desired

5. Sharply rap up-side down cup on counter to release brownie.

6. Place top of hat onto disc and add buckle:) You can also add a mango hatband if you have long enough strips.

I put them on cupcake papers and added a pick.

Use your favorite brownie mix for this idea. You can also make tiny ones using a shot glass size cup for a cute cupcake top:)

Thanks so much to Vegan Baking.Net for featuring this recipe in their raw Thanksgiving article!

Look at this funny picture from this morning:

My neighbors cat looked quite surprised by the turkeys!

The first turkey is a big tom, you can see his beard sticking out from his chest:)

8 comments:

bitt said...

like upside down cupcakes! you are making me hungry.

Selena's Raw Kitchen of Love: "The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison." --Dr. Ann Wigmore, N.D said...

Awesome!:)

Anonymous said...

I was planning to make brownies, now I think I'll make pilgrim hat brownies! =P Another great one! Thanks!
Love & Sunshine!
Connie

evergreen said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone:)

Sarah said...

This is such a great idea!!! My children are going to LOVE it!!!

Hugs,
Sarah

evergreen said...

Hi Sarah...Thank you so much! I hope you and your little ones enjoy:)

p.s. I had linked to your beautiful watermelon cake in my Memorial day post!

Sarah said...

I missed your memorial day post, so I'll have to check that out. Feel free to link to me anytime =)

evergreen said...

Thanks Sarah...same here:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails