12/17/09

Berry Festive Wreath Salad


Here is a very easy way to serve a festive salad in the shape of a wreath. I made one of my favorite berry and greens salads today, and a variation of my sweet orange dressing with my favorite seasonal berry, the cranberry!

To form the wreath, place a cup in the middle of a large round serving platter.

Arrange the leaves of baby lettuce in small bunches around it.

Add berries, I had blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and red raspberries.

Remove glass from center and add a fruit leather bow, if desired.

Here are some step by step pics for the bow:) Hope they help!



Cut using pizza wheel... Bow 'loops' strip approx 10"x2"
Streamer strip approx 8"x1", cut "V" in ends
Center strip 3"to 4"x2", fold in half. Trim off extra after wrapping.

1. Fold ends of loop strip in towards middle and scrunch. Turn over.
2. Scrunch streamer strip in center.
3. Stack bow on top of streamer and wrap with folded center piece.

Serve with your favorite dressing or...

Sweet Cranberry-Orange Dressing

2 large navel oranges, zest if desired, and peel oranges
1 cup fresh cranberries
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons agave, or more to taste
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional


1. Combine all dressing ingredients in blender until creamy.
2. Pour over salad and enjoy!

Please see my Happy Raw Holidays! post for more fun recipes and ideas:)

16 comments:

Pam said...

How pretty!

Enjoy!

Selena's Raw Kitchen of Love: "The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison." --Dr. Ann Wigmore, N.D said...

Oh my gosh! This is BEAUTIFUL!!

Brightest Blessings~

bitt said...

Ooh Berries and salad, very good combo. Fruit leather bow? Wowsers! What flavor?

La Mama Naturale' said...

OMGoodness is right!! This is absolutely a beautiful creation. You a clever, clever!! It's a work of art. I love it!! :)Wish I was spending X-Mas at your place... lucky ducks!!!

evergreen said...

Thanks so much for such lovely comments everyone:)

~bitt~the fruit leather bow is red raspberry, one of my favorites!

Julie Lynn said...

Another perfect holiday dish! You amaze me. =)

Joyce said...

Love it! What a great salad idea!

I was going to write out the ingredients I needed for the cowboy cookies to try this weekend and I have everything except the 1/4 cup of pecans. Gotta love that!

Have a great weekend and happy early friday!! (we're getting there)

Joyce

blessedmama said...

Oh, my gosh! I am so glad I found your blog. What beautiful food and amazing recipes. I love incorporating raw food into my family's diet. Thank you!

Sarah said...

Oh, How Beautiful this salad is. I love it :)

evergreen said...

Ladies, your comments mean so much to me...thank you:)

Joyce~hope you enjoy the cowboy cookies!

blessedmama~Welcome! Thanks so much for the kind words:)

Sarah~So happy you like my easy salad idea:)

{{{Hugs}}}everyone, and have a great weekend!!!

Berry Blue Toes said...

I LOVE this - what a great idea!

evergreen said...

So happy you like this BBT!!! It comes together in a flash, too!

Kelly said...

This is beautiful! I can't wait to make it for company!

evergreen said...

Thanks so much, kellycrochets...I hope you enjoy it:)

kelli said...

gorgeous!!!

ready made asian suits uk said...

To form the wreath, place a cup in the middle of a large round serving platter. pakistani silk suits online , 2 piece suit for ladies

Related Posts with Thumbnails