12/2/09

Happy Raw Holidays!


This is a festive way to serve your favorite kale salad. I used one of my favorite recipes, http://www.therawchef.com/trc_recipes/wilted-kale-salad-with-a-creamy-chipotle-dressing/

Thanks to Chef Russell James for the incredible recipe:)

I simply packed the prepared salad in a small Bundt pan before turning it onto the plate. I decorated it with holly leaves cut from avocado, and berries from halved cherry tomatoes. Fast and festive:)

I hope to present more raw holiday recipes and ideas, including a raw vegan holiday cookie of the week until Christmas, so check back soon!

Pinecone Cheezeball











Evergreen Herb Wreath











Gift Box and Raw 'Eggnog':)










Olive Penguins!











Chai-Vanilla Cream Stuffed Dates









Holly-Day Raw Eggnog Cake









Berry Festive Wreath Salad











Raw Vegan Holiday Cookie of the Week:
Vanilla Chai Spice Macaroon










Raw Cowboy Cookies









Raw Cherry-Hemp Brownie










Raw Gingerbread Cookies











And please let me know if there is anything special you would like to see here:)

Holiday Hugs!!!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

prettiest kale salad ever!

Michal said...

This is so pretty! I really admire your creativity :)

evergreen said...

Thank you both so much for the sweet comments!

Sarah said...

Ingenious!!! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I am loving all your holiday ideas! Thanks!

evergreen said...

Thanks Sarah and Connie!

Angelique said...

How funny -- I'm eating that exact kale salad recipe right now, as I sit at the computer eating my lunch. Yours looks a lot more festive though! :) Can't wait to see what you cook, I mean UNcook up this month!

evergreen said...

Hi Angelique!...I just love Russell's recipes!

I can't wait to see what I un-cook too...hehe:)

La Mama Naturale' said...

OMGoodness you are outing doing yourself again here! Have to try out the cowboy cookies!!! Yum, yum, yum!! Thanks for sharing such festive treats. :)

evergreen said...

Hi La Mama Naturale:) You are too kind! Thanks for your comment:)

Ann Thompson said...

I’m a raw vegan and frankly this time of year can be tough. Trying to accommodate my dinner guests as well as being surrounded by tons of junky and processed foods can get way out of hand. Someone at the local whole foods recommended I check out this site www.RoseCole.com/HolidayCookbook . It has tons of vegan/raw vegan/sugar free/ dairy free/gluten free recipes. I’ve tested out a few on some NON-vegan friends and they loved them!

Danielle said...

Wow! You are an inspiration to us all! I am going to run right out now to get the ingredients for those gingerbread cookies. Thank you!

Danielle
http://nofooddiet.wordpress.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails