12/3/09

Pinecone Cheezeball


This idea has been around for years, but now it can be enjoyed in the raw!

Shape your favorite raw cheeze into a teardrop shape and cover it with almonds, starting at the tip and working up. Overlap the nuts slightly as shown. Almonds may be soaked and dehydrated if desired. Garnish with a few sprigs of rosemary and a couple of cranberries and you have another quick and easy snack for the holidays! You can serve it with your favorite crackers, or a bowl of almonds for dipping.

The cheeze I used is a mix of cashews and pine nuts. I added a little fresh rosemary, chives, parsley, nutritional yeast, garlic, and salt. I chilled the cheeze overnight before decorating.

Please check back to my Happy Raw Holidays! post for more recipes and ideas, as I will be adding more weekly:)

11 comments:

Pam said...

How creative!

Enjoy!

Julie Lynn said...

You make the cutest and most creative dishes. Absolutely inspiring!

Angelique said...

So cute! I've actually never seen that done before (raw or not).

evergreen said...

I appreciate all your sweet comments!

Joyce said...

Love it! and the wreath too! You should really do a book!

bitt said...

so pretty!

evergreen said...

Thanks Joyce and bitt:)

p.s. Joyce~I am hoping to have a book someday and will most likely include some of these ideas:)

bitt said...

so great you are juicing! its really nice to do but i miss food. lol.

i would LOVE a book by you!

evergreen said...

Awww...If I can ever get a book together, you all will be the first to know:)

Michal said...

How cool is this!
I agree with everyone else, you need to publish a book. You are just as talented if not more than some of the other raw chefs out there.

evergreen said...

Hi Michal...your sweet compliment really made me blush when I read it!
Thank you so much:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails