1/5/10

Chunky Raw Veggie Chili


With over four thousand raw recipes, Gone Raw is always my go-to site for trying something new:) I always make sure to check at least once a week for new recipes there.

Today I tried the Veggie Chili from starjen42. Check out all the awesome comments on the recipe page. Everyone loved it!

As usual, I adjusted the recipe to my own tastes:) I added a bit of cayenne to kick it up a notch, and had to make some ingredient substitutions. I like chili really hearty and chunky, and slightly warmed in the dehydrator. Before I went for my 'brisk' (fast and freezing) walk today, I left the chili and the bowl to warm up:)

I was not gone for very long (baby, it's cold outside), so I enjoyed a cup of my favorite mate when I got home. Check out the new reusable ceramic cup I found at the grocery store:)


About a half hour later, my chili and bowl were both nice and warm. I was so glad I made a double recipe, because I loved it!

Thanks to starjen42 for the wonderful, warming recipe:)


Stay warm, everyone!

11 comments:

Pam said...

Wonderful! Nice cup! I like that!

Enjoy and Be Warm!

evergreen said...

Thanks, Pam...I'm tryin:)

Melissa said...

That chile looks fantastic! I can't wait to try it. PS love your recipes. Your creativity is really inspiring:)

evergreen said...

Thanks for your kind words, Melissa! I was just checking out all the goodies you made at Christmas. Yum!!!

This is a great recipe, I hope you post if you try it too:)

kelli said...

mmm that looks scrumptious! perfect for the cold weather. love the presentation, too!

i will definitely be trying this one soon, maybe with a side of "mosaica's" corn bread...

(i just love the inspiration i get from great blogs like yours! thanks for posting!=)

Julie Lynn said...

Oh my gosh, I want some!!! =D

bitt said...

I needed a dinner idea! Thanks.

evergreen said...

Hi kelli...It was so comforting on this 'chili' day! Thanks for the cornbread idea, I looked it up and can't wait to try it:)

~Fayinagirl~ It is pretty quick to make, much faster than cooked!

Hi bitt!~I really liked this and look forward to having it for lunch tomorrow, or maybe breakfast!

Nikki said...

Looks so good and filling and warming. Gone Raw is a great resource. I love going there for inspiration.

evergreen said...

Hi Nikki! I don't think I would have 'gone raw' without all those recipes!

Anonymous said...

Dear friends, Brahmakumaris are vegetarian... and emphasize that when cooking in a peaceful, loving frame of mind, the resulting food will nourish the emotions as well as the body. There is Brahmakumaris meditation...that relaxes the mind...nurtures a healthy balance between inner and outer worlds... recharge... rejuvenate the inner-self... From Gita

Related Posts with Thumbnails