...A surprise road trip!!!!
My hubby knows I have been missing my family in Florida. Yesterday, he said we could visit them, and we are leaving tomorrow!!! It should be a 'long weekend' trip.
I do love surprises, and this was a major surprise:) To prepare for the trip, I made a checklist of things to bring, and printed out some online recipes, since I will not have internet access there.
The list helped a lot when it came time to pack. Here is a pic of my tiffins and other stainless containers. Some already had some goodies in them:) I will also be making some goodies to enjoy during the 20-something hours we will be driving.
There is a slight chance I will stay for a longer visit, so I also packed some appliances and things like my knife set, nutmilk bag, and of course my favorite gadgets.
Here is one of my favorite recipes I plan on making while I am away.
ETA~I have switched out the original old pic for a heart shaped* pasta for Valentine's Day:) You can still see the original pic on gone raw.
Lemon Caper Pasta
1 yellow summer squash, organic, or other veggie pasta
1 lemon, organic
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon capers, organic but not raw, drained
1 medium tomato, 1/4 inch dice
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley
1 clove garlic
1. Process squash as desired for 'pasta', squeeze dry.
2. Zest lemon(reserve zest) and juice it, should be about 2 tablespoons juice.
3. Combine oil with lemon juice, capers, and only 1/2 of the lemon zest.
4. Pour over squash and mix well.
5. Top with tomato.
* For the heart shape, I used a small heart shaped pan. I placed the tomato in first, topped it with the lemon-caper pasta, put the plate on top and flipped it over. After removing the heart pan, I sprinkled it with the gremolata:)
6. For gremolata, chop remaining zest with parsley and garlic and sprinkle over pasta.
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I will see you soon!!!