7/27/09

Love That Kale!

Before becoming a raw foodie, I don't remember ever eating kale. Boy, has that changed!
I average 3 bunches of kale per week. I sometimes wonder how many trays of kale chips are considered a serving...2 or 3?:)
Kale salad is also a favorite.I always love getting my hands right in the bowl to massage it:) It always amazes me how it becomes so soft and tasty.
This recipe has been haunting me ever since I saw it:) Yes, it is yet another awesome recipe by The Raw Chef Russell James. 
link no longer works, but here are the ingredients:
 

Wilted Kale Salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing

This has to be one of the best kale salads I have ever had! The flavor is so unique, due to the addition of chipotle pepper in the creamy dressing. I used a bunch of dino (lacinato) kale with about 1 teaspoon of salt, and made about 1/2 the dressing recipe with 1 avocado for my salad. I massaged the dressing into the kale for a minute before adding tomato and hemp. I halved a dozen cherry tomatoes and tossed in a handful of hemp seeds. It is so creamy and satisfying! I was planning on making chips with the remaining 2 bunches of kale, but now I am not so sure;)

***Kale update: only about 1/2 a bunch made it into the dehydrator as chips:)

Sincere thanks to Chef Russell James for another incredible recipe.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails