7/22/09

Raw Porcini Ravioli in Cream Sauce:)


This was another one of those recipes that I knew I had to try once I saw it! The recipe is Raw Porcini Ravioli in Cream Sauce by snowdrop. It can be found on her blog Adirondack Raw Food Connection. (Yay!!..another raw foodie in the Adirondacks:))
This is such a lovely recipe. I really enjoyed making, and of course, eating it. Aside from the soaking time for the cashews and mushrooms, it came together very quickly. The ravioli are thinly sliced turnip, filled with a creamy purée of parsnip and marinated mushrooms. After warming about an hour in the dehydrator to soften, they are placed on a beautiful cream sauce with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley. Simply elegant!
Enjoying this for dinner tonight turned an ordinary day into something special!
Thank you to snowdrop for the wonderful recipe:) I am looking forward to your upcoming book!

Here are the mushrooms I used, found in the produce section of the market.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely photo! i am so happy the taste was one to make you happy-
:)
xo
snowdrop

evergreen said...

Thank you so much!
You created a beautiful recipe:)
Angela

Joyce said...

Bravo!!! They look sooooooo good!! I knew this would be a winner. It's printed out in my "must try" folder!! Although I'll be in Montreal this weekend I hope to make this soon!

And I see you tried that yummy looking celeriac recipe on goneraw too! :-)

Joyce

evergreen said...

Hi Joyce!...Thank you for bringing this recipe to my attention:) I am sure you will love it as much as I did! I am also very happy to have 'met' snowdrop:)
The celeriac risotto was so good, too. I filled some campari tomatoes with it for lunch today. I had about 8 of them...lol!
Angela

Joyce said...

That celeriac risotto looks really good too! I wish I was in my kitchen now with all the ingredients! :-)

So cool you got to meet Snowdrop. I can't wait for her book to be ready!

Joyce

evergreen said...

With recipes like this one, I am sure the book will be awesome!
If you haven't had celeriac, make sure to trim the woody outer part off with a heavy knife:)
Hope you post after you try these yummy recipes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails