7/6/09

Russell James

Today I enjoyed another wonderful dish from raw Chef Russell James. Lunch was the new recipe from his eZine, Broccoli in Hoisini Sauce, and for dessert, his Maca-Ice Cream and Cacao Crackle Sandwiches from his blog.

Broccoli in Hoisini Sauce

The broccoli and "rice" is a very easy and delicious recipe, and quick aside from the 4 hours needed to warm the broccoli in the dehydrator. First the broccoli is massaged with lemon juice, olive oil, and tamari. After warming, it is dressed with a creamy blend of tahini, lemon juice, sweetener, vinegar, tamari, garlic, ginger, and chili. You may want to double the sauce recipe:) The parsnip "rice" is mixed with pine nuts, mac nuts, miso, sesame oil and spring onion. This would also make a great sushi rice.

Check out my remix of this dish ...good thing I was sitting down when I read comment #5:)

Here is a picture of the sweet ice cream sandwiches

I followed his recipe for the ice cream, but used half coconut oil for the cocoa butter in the chocolate crackle, like my chocolate chips:) The smaller sandwiches were made in a silicone pan for brownie bites and the ice cream was shaped in them, as well. They made such cute little treats! I may just dip them in the chocolate next time, like a little bon-bon.
Thanks to Russell James for his outstanding recipes:)
Please visit The Raw Chef Blog, and sign up to receive Chef Russell James' News from the Kitchen.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

So glad to hear both recipes were yummy! That broccoli dish looks so lovey and very tasty. I hope to make that one soon. What a treasure your blog is!Have a nice night!

Joyce

evergreen said...

Thanks Joyce, you are so sweet! This is a great recipe to try if you are short on time. For a complete meal you could use some of the rice in sushi. Hope you have a good night too:)
Angela

Joanna Steven said...

I thought of trying the broccoli dish! Now I definitely will. And these ice cream sandwiches... I'm sure my hubby will love them! Thanks :)

evergreen said...

Hi Joanna:) The broccoli was so good, I just 'eyeballed' the ingredients.The crisp chocolate was wonderful, and still quite hard even though I used part coconut oil. The thinner pieces were best (imho):)

Anonymous said...

How awesome to recieve a comment #5! He is such a great raw chef. And you're great for making all these wonderful dishes. They look so yummy! I can't wait to get in the kitchen and try them.

evergreen said...

Thanks so much, Money Funk! It was a wonderful surprise to see a comment from Russell, especially since I am in awe of him:) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails