Every good creepy cookie deserves an equally frightening glass of milk to go with it!
Here is a gruesome, but delicious way to dress up your beverage of choice.
The Grim Rimmer
1/2 cup strawberries
3-4 medjool dates
2 tablespoons really red juice, like pomegranate or cherry, optional to deepen color
1 tablespoon coconut oil, softened
1. Combine all ingredients in bullet or blender until smooth.
2. Pour into squeeze bottle or carefully drip by spoon onto inside rim of glass as shown. I used a chocolate mold painting bottle with a #3 tip. Let set for a few minutes before filling with favorite drink. You can pre-decorate all glasses if you have a cool place to keep them before filling.
This would be good with any light colored fruity smoothie or nut milk.
This link will be added to my Healthy Raw Halloween Recipe post.
I used my cardamom flavored almond milk to compliment the flavors in the cookie:) This may be too strongly flavored for small children.
Warm Almond Milk
makes 12 ounces
¼ cup sprouted almonds
¼ cup whole brown sesame seeds, soaked a few hours, rinsed and drained
12 ounce (1 and 1/2 cups) fresh water, warmed to 100 degrees if desired
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom, more or less to taste
3 pitted medjool dates, soaked if not soft
1. Place all ingredients in bullet or blender.
2. Blend until creamy and white.
3. Strain through nut milk bag.
I made this milk last year after trying Roshi's badam ka halva, shown in the background of this picture. The pulp from this milk probably could be dehydrated to use in the Creature Finger cookies. Omit cardamom from cookie recipe if using this pulp:)
I would like to wish everyone in Canada a Happy Thanksgiving today!!!
Happy Columbus Day to all in the States:)