10/30/09

Spooky Sweets

This month has gone by faster than a witch on a broom for me:)

Just a quickie post today to show how the spider cheesecake came out.

The recipe is adapted from the White Chocolate Cheesecake in Sweet Gratitude. The filling is white chocolate with just a layer of dark chocolate on top to show the white spiderweb design. I added a large raw chocolate spider:)

It is shown with some tiny caramel pears. I like to use those little seckel pears, or lady apples because the size is more appropriate for little ones:) They were dipped once in the creamy caramel, but you can chill them and dip again for a thicker coating.

There are many awesome looking recipes for raw caramel apples online at this time. I adapted this recipe today.

Ooops! Another broken link! This is the recipe(as near as I can remember), no longer available using the link above:
2 cups Medjool dates, chopped and soaked for one hour in a mixture of water with the juice of one small lemon (drain the dates, and leave the soaking water aside)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
juice of one half small lemon
1 teaspoon salt

Blend in a high powered blender, and using the plunger tool, keep moving the mixture as the blender might struggle a bit. Blend until creamy. Serve the dip with apples or pears.

They can also be dipped into chopped nuts before chilling.

The little chocolate cheesecake is dripping in caramel with pecans on the sides, and some chocolate skulls for decoration.


Well, tomorrow is Halloween! I hope some of you will try some of the ideas that I had so much fun with this month!

Hugs from your Raw Halloween hostess,
~Nevergreen~ :)

8 comments:

Pam said...

Omg..your treats look freakin amazing!

Great job and yum!

Cami said...

Wow! Fantastic presentation and very creative ideas. I love it!

Joyce said...

Gorgeous as always!

Funny, we are always on the same page. Last night I was googling halloween cakes and recipes and found this gem:
http://www.hsus.org/farm/news/ournews/veal_investigation_103009.html
(page down towards bottom)

It's a traditional chocolate layer cake with orange frosting and a spider web on top!! I wrote out a raw recipe based on a few things morphed together. So hopefully it will turn out ok. Stay tuned :-)

Happy Halloween Angela! thanks for all the great inspiration for this most spooky fun holiday

Joyce :-)

Joyce said...

Oh shoot, can you delete that link. It's from a link I just posted on face book (blush)

Here's the correct link:
http://www.divinedinnerparty.com/halloween-party-snacks.html

So sorry about that. doing too many things at once....need to get stay off of facebook for a while

Joyce

bitt said...

Am I invited over for a piece? :-)

evergreen said...

Thanks for the wonderful comments everyone!

I would love to share my treats with you bitt:) I even made extra spiders so every piece of cake can have one!

Halloween Hugs to everyone!!!

Michal said...

I just have to say, I think you are one of my most favorite foodie bloggers ever! All of your creations are gorgeous and you are so artistic. :) I hope your holiday was fantastic!

evergreen said...

Hi Michal!...thank you so much, that is one of the nicest comments ever!

I had a great Halloween and hope you did too... loved your cute cat costume!

Related Posts with Thumbnails